- 1 Our Top Recommended Choices
- 2 Types of Trampolines
- 3 Best Trampolines Reviews
- 3.1 Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline
- 3.2 Skywalker Trampolines 12-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline
- 3.3 Skywalker Trampolines 15-Feet Round Trampoline
- 3.4 Exacme 6W Legs Trampoline with Safety Pad
- 3.5 5. Upper Bounce Enclosure Safety Net
- 3.6 Upper Bounce Trampoline
- 3.7 Skywalker Trampolines 12-Feet Round Trampoline
- 3.8 Skywalker Trampolines Rectangle Trampoline
- 3.9 Super Jumper Combo Trampoline
- 4 What to look for when buying a trampoline?
- 5 Know the kind of questions to ask
- 6 Trampoline Safety Tips
- 7 Simple But Necessary Ground Rules
- 8 Placement is Key
- 9 Storing Your Trampoline Through Bad Weather
- 10 Clean Your Equipment
- 11 Conclusion
Welcome to World of Trampolines. Here you will find helpful insights to guide you when choosing a trampoline for your workout, for the kid’s amusement or for the family quality time. I have gone far and wide and carried out thorough, in-depth research to provide you with a detailed buying guide and helpful reviews to help you make the right choice.
In this review, you will find the best-selling, top-rated trampolines based on what my readers found to be the best over the course of the year. I sampled out the best in shape, size, price range and safety features. This is certainly a comprehensive buying guide and review that you will find most helpful, especially when you think of the amount of cash you will have to part with when buying.
Our Top Recommended Choices
Types of Trampolines
I remember when I was young and always wanting to go on the trampolines, secretly I still do. They offer outside fun for people of all ages. They are an excellent form of outdoor exercise, and can be used for competitive sports (my favorite being slam-ball), and cross training. If you ever have a need to have your own personal trampoline you are going to need to know the different types that exist.
There are many types to choose from. The so called type mostly comes down to the shape, size, and the placement of the trampoline. All of these types are used by people with different interests, the biggest one being air time. We all love the feeling of jumping high with little effort. With all the types out there the most common is the round one.
1. Round Trampoline
This type appears in many sizes, most famous being the 8 feet one. It’s big enough to get some of your tricks in, and small enough to fit in most backyards. Of course there are smaller and bigger ones. Bigger going from 9-13 feet, where the 14+ feet are expensive and used mostly by professionals.
They can even get as small as 2 feet. The placement of this type, and any other for that matter, can either be off the ground, or parallel to the ground. The in ground one can be dangerous if there is no sufficient padding added next to it. They are still safer than the others, because the distance from the ground is minimized.
- The shape of the trampoline. This shape adds to the bounciness, the most bouncy part being the center.
- No angles. With the lack of angles the jumper is steered towards the center.
- Cheap. Most of them are low cost.
- Numerous. They are easy to find.
Harder to control out of the center. The only con of this type is that you will get less bounce, and less control away from the center. Thus making it easy to lose balance and fall forward.
2. Rectangular Trampoline
This type is usually found in the 4′ 6″ by 6′ range, or in the 10′ by 17′. The shape of this trampoline is regarded better (size wise), because of the way they are able to fit better in the space presented. This shape provides a bigger jumping area and more bounce, this one is mostly used by people who enjoy gymnastics.
Personally for me this one is the most appealing. I love it when I can move around the given space, giving me the ability to fool around with friends. Most of the same pros apply to this shape, the difference being that they add more control.
This type ranges from 8′ square up to 15′ square. In many parts this type appears very similar to the rectangular type, the main difference being the bounciness. You get less air time with the square shape, other than that the same pros and cons apply.
4. Mini Trampolines
These little guys don’t give you so much air, but they do save a lot of space. You can store them anywhere you like, some of the you can even fold, and place them into a bag. This makes them portable. So if you like to travel a lot, this is the best type for you. You can just place them anywhere you like and use them. These usually range in the 32″ mark to the 50″ mark, with the most common one being 40 inches.
Best Trampolines Reviews
Trampolines are great fun for kids and adults alike. They certainly make the family quality time fun and produces moments to cherish. Even so, finding one that suits your specific requirements and purpose is hard. Imagine standing before thousands of options from different manufacturers, sizes and price rages, and you only have to choose one! It’s maddening.
Having a buyer’s guide of things to look out for will only take you so far — almost all options will have the features you are looking for. But, going through reviews of the best choices available before buying will give you a much desired kick of confidence. Below is a review of 8 best choices in 2018 that you will find most helpful for comparative purposes.
Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline
This is a quality choice and is well within any person’s budget. It comes with safety features and enhanced stability to keep your children safe when having fun and burning off that extra energy. It is large enough -15 feet- to give a few more jumpers the chance to enjoy with the rest at the same time.
For this reason, i recommend it for families, medium size families will certainly find it a great choice. Teens who are into basketball will find this a particularly interesting choice since it comes with a basketball hoop.
Jump N’ Dunk is the theme to its design and you can be sure that the structure is stable having been made of heavy gauge galvanized steel with 6 W-shaped legs for extra stability. Buy this at an impressively friendly price and have the time of your life.
Skywalker Trampolines 12-Foot Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline
A smaller version of its cousin above, but not any less fun to jump in. It also comes with a basketball hoop for extra fun activities as you try to jump and dunk. With 12-feet of jump space, you and your friends can have the best fun moments. And you also get to work out and shed those extra calories.
I recommend this one for small families, exercisers and enthusiasts or fun-lovers. The jumping mat is stable and bouncier for greater fun. Safety isn’t a concern as it comes with a firm upper enclosure frame holding together a stay-put enclosure net. You kids can safely jump and make merry.
It’s frame structure is stable and durable, made of heavy gauge galvanized rust resistant steel. And, it comes with 6 W-shaped legs that prevent structural twisting. Certainly, it is a great choice for the value as it goes for a much lesser price than its bigger counterpart above.
Skywalker Trampolines 15-Feet Round Trampoline
If you are looking for great value at a budget-friendly price, you should definitely consider this to be a great choice. You are not wrong to assume that it got into the top 5’s for its low price, and you save a lot when you buy on Amazon. It offers all the great safety, comfort and stability features you would look for, but all that at a low price.
Its 15ft dimensions let everyone hop in and have fun jumping with the rest. Its jump surface is stable and has spring pads for a greater bouncy effect. It comes recommended for ages 6 and above or one with 200 lb in weight capacity. Its enclosure makes it safe to jump in and prevents you from falling out.
A stable heavy gauge steel frame makes it firm and W-shapes legs give the structure a much appreciated extra support. You can trust that it is durable as the frame structure is made of galvanized rust-resistant steel that promises a long life.
Exacme 6W Legs Trampoline with Safety Pad
The product from ExacMe features a wide 15 or 14 feet of jumping room, allowing many people to jump simultaneously. With its weight limit of 375 lbs, it can easily support a maximum of 5 kids or 2 adults jumping simultaneously. This makes the product an immense way of having a quality family enjoyment, combining physical exercise and pleasure.
This product from ExacMe comes with an enclosure mesh and ladder, with a net door as a fastener to open and shut. The net still offers an immense outside view while offering safety. It features six u-fashioned, rust-resistant, galvanized legs that allow solidity while attaining the survivability from extreme climate.
The price tag is an immense match for the quality of the product. It’s extensive jumping space, together with high load capacity allows the entire family to have fun while continuing physically fit. While assembly could pose a little of a hard time, the lasting pleasure for the complete family is well worth it.
5. Upper Bounce Enclosure Safety Net
Upper Bounce Trampoline
This product from Upper Bounce comes with four essential components, such as the jumping mat, the frame, the bouncing mechanism, and the legs. What makes this product, bouncy and soft, is the bouncing device. This could be during the use of bungee cords or springs.
The frame of the product holds the springs in position, whereas its legs make the product set and give it solidity.Through this product, you will be capable of getting to have the device enclosure changed. It comes in four different frame sizes, such as 12 feet, 13 feet, 14 feet, and 15 feet, according to the device.
The enclosures are also categorized according to the way you can connect them to the trampoline. It uses arches to stay the enclosure steady.For the 12-foot frame, you can decide to have 2, 3, or 4 arches. For the remaining sizes, you can decide either 3 or 4 arches. These arches are marketed separately from the enclosure mesh.
You can also decide to buy sleeves, which are thick soft foam, on the top part of the arches for supplementary safety.The safety net is made of high-quality Terylene material, which is easy to install, as well. It comes with a double closure entrance with a fastener and buckles. This is an ideal product that creates an enjoyable jumping experience devoid of the restricted visibility besides ensuring maximum safety.
Skywalker Trampolines 12-Feet Round Trampoline
This is one of the products of Skywalker that comes with an enclosure of diameter 12 feet. It is designed with several safety features, like unbreakable t-sockets that put off the enclosure from coiling and a long-lasting steel frame. As the product comes with a Spring Pad, it is considered one among the safest playing devices for children.
The enclosure is the ultimate feature for anybody who has small kids that will prevent them from falling from the appliance. One more feature that makes this product the safest one is that the enclosure is attached to the hopping mat with the buttonhole pattern.
Furthermore, the product comes with six W-shaped legs that offer an additional stability to the product.This product from Skywalker not only generates a gap free hopping area, but it also signifies that the enclosure does not have any redundant threads or ropes hanging.
Additionally, through the enclosure being affixed to the jumping mat, it prevents small kids from accidentally falling and wounding themselves on the spring or frame. The enclosure comes with a zipper, so young kids stay inside while they are playing on this Skywalker device. This is suitable for kids that are 6 years old and above with a body weight of 200 lbs.
Skywalker Trampolines Rectangle Trampoline
This product from Skywalker comes with an enclosure with the 15 feet by 9 feet in dimension. It’s intended for serious jumpers, who are gymnastics, and for those involving in competitive jumping or just seeking the most bounce from the device. By design, this rectangular trampoline offers the maximum bouncing.
The 15-foot by 9-foot construction offers users the most jumping space of any entertaining product. As with all products from Skywalker, the frame is made from high grade, galvanized, stainless steel to prevent rust or corrosion. It is available with T-sockets, which assists add integrity to the frame and avoid twisting.
Some of the beneficial features of this 15-foot device from include:
If you would like to buy a trampoline with the maximum bounce for your money, then this Skywalker 15-foot Skywalker product is an ideal product for you.
Super Jumper Combo Trampoline
The 14-foot playing device from Super Jumper offers great value, protection, and most significantly, one can enjoy for hours on end. This is an ideal product for most adults, meaning this product can be used for many years to come without requiring to concern about users getting too old or excessively heavy.
The exact value in this playing device from Super Jumper comes with an awesome enclosure. Actually, the product is not with the combo gift, but it is offered with the weight carrying capacity of 330 lbs. With a 14-foot jumping pad, many kids and even adults will be capable of bouncing on this device devoid of the fear of breaking. It comes with a strong net that adds much-required safety to the Super Jumper, as well
Some of the features of this device Super Jumper include:
What to look for when buying a trampoline?
We’ve looked at the top 8 trampolines on the market today, so which one is best for you? There a few important things to keep in mind. Below are the things that you should consider.
Which One Best Suits Your Family’s Needs
- Weight Capacity: Every one of them is designed with a particular group of people in mind. Adults cannot use one meant for children due to the weight limit. Some are too restricting in terms of weight capacity in such a way that it cannot be used by 3 or more family members at a go hence forcing them to take turns. The more the weight capacity the better a choice it is. On the other hand, you do not need 400lbs trampoline when there only are two people available to use it.
- Size in Diameter and Size of the Back Yard: The size is commonly measured by the diameter. The bigger the diameter the bigger the size of it. When considering this feature, it is important to also consider the size of your back yard too. You do not want to purchase one that takes up the entire space on your back yard. These two considerations go hand in hand. However, if you have a massive back yard, you can go for a big one without worrying about space.
- Age of the Users – Are they still growing?: The age of the user is a very important factor to consider. If the kids are all grown up, you are free to select a full sized one. However, if they are little and still growing there’s a lot to consider. Be careful not to select one that is their exact size. You do not want to keep buying trampolines after every inch of their growth. Select one that will serve them for about two years or more.
Know the Parts
- Jumping Mat: This area is a very important aspect of the buying guide. The wrong jumping mat can deem the whole trampoline unsafe and unsuitable for your family. Always go for one that has a glossy appearance, smooth to the touch and less likely to cause friction. Also ensure that the mat is water and UV rays resistant for durability and extended service. You can easily tell a low quality jumping mat by its course texture. This is bound to cause burns and have particles left on the user’s body and clothes. Such a mat also degrades very easy.
- Frame: This part should be sturdy and strong as it needs to support its own weight as well as the user’s. The frame should be made of galvanized steel, solid foundations and have very secure joints. The galvanized steel ensures that water does not sip through to the interior hence preventing rust that results from water and air. When rust occurs, the bounce master is weakened hence shortening its life.
- Safety Features: You are looking to buy a trampoline for family bonding purposes and not for injury induction. Kids are more prone to injuries caused by equipment but it doesn’t have to be so. Always go for one that has safety aspects heightened. The first safety measure is one that has safety pads well installed. This keeps the users safe from springs and all the hardware used to make trampoline. The more the padding the safer it is for use. The padding should be soft, durable, water proof and breathable. Also look for one that has PVC (Polyvinal Chloride) used on the exterior. Inside the padding, there should be thick closed cell foam material.
How Will It Be Used
Some people prefer theirs outdoor while others have ample space for it indoors. If you want yours outside, ensure that it is completely weather proof. This will ensure that it gives you full quality of service without needing to replace parts.
Ensure that you also do a little bit of research on the best brands in the market for the specific age group. Some companies/brands manufacture trampolines specifically meant for kids hence the best choice to consider if you’re looking to buy for the little ones. They are more keen on the kid’s needs and safety.
Know the kind of questions to ask
After narrowing down your options to only a few trampolines. Ask the dealer some informed questions to finally have the winner. These include:
- What reputation does each brand have in the world of trampolines?
- What makes it special compared to the rest?
- Are the spare parts easily available?
- What return policies does the store have?
- Does it come with a warranty and what is the time period?
While asking these questions, be keen on the attendant’s knowledge on this subject area. You are better of conversing with someone who has vast knowledge on the subject. This way, they are in a better position to give you credible information that you can comfortably go by.
On the other hand, you are better off buying yours from a store that specializes in trampolines only. Always go for a store that seems more concerned about customer satisfaction instead of making sales. While at it, go for a store that has a wide variety of trampolines.
This way you do not feel like you are settling for only what they have in store. Remember that technology has made shopping life easier, if you do not have time to hop from store to store in search of one, consider shopping online.
Trampoline Safety Tips
It is recommended that children under 6 should not be allowed to use trampolines. They can break their bones and suffer a series of other injuries that can be a little more than inconviniencing. In some cases, it could lead to liability issues. It is therefore important to take trampoline safety seriously:
- Always check the springs before use. Loose springs can tear the mat and caue accidents when the equipment is in use.
- Always double check the mat before use. Tears in the mat can cause accidents. Using duct tape to cover up tears can be a temporary solution that facilitates harder landing and injuries.
- Always make sure the equipment is placed on level ground. This is to prevent falls.
You should also make sure that it is installed properly and that every use knows about trampoline safety before use.
Like every other equipment used on a daily, you must pay close attention to the maintenance and care for it. And this is something that must begin from the very second you buy it. From how you transport it to how you install it and the simple ground rules that determine how it will be used within the household. With that in mind, are some simple care tips that will ensure your trampoline lasts longer and serves your family and friends more.
Simple But Necessary Ground Rules
The very first thing that you should do after successfully installing your fabric springboard is to set up simple rules that will be followed by the entire family and friends who come to enjoy it. These do not have to be very strict, but they should be adhered to for both safety and maintenance purposes.
- Ensure that no one uses shoes while enjoying themselves. This will ensure that the mat remains both clean and intact for much longer.
- Put a limit on the number of jumpers who can use it simultaneously. This is for both safety reasons as well as ensuring that the spring and mat do not stretch too much to ruin it.
- Make sure that no one climbs up the safety net. The accessories are as much a part of the whole outfit as the spring and mat.
Placement is Key
One of the most important aspects of maintenance and care for your equipment is the placement. For starters, you should not place your equipment in any dangerous place for the safety of those who will be using it. Places such as near fences or low hanging branches are all dangerous location that could prove problematic for those who use it.
You should also find a place with ample shade. Not only is prolonged direct sunlight bad for the mat but it can also prove a little inconvenient for those lovely sunny day jumps on bare feet. Find a shade with no low hanging branches to ensure both safety and prevention from sunlight damage.
Storing Your Trampoline Through Bad Weather
Although most outdoor trampolines are built to withstand all sorts of weather, it still pays to take a little care when it comes to storage. During those frigid cold winter months you can always disassemble your equipment and put it in storage. You do not have to dismantle the whole thing, you can just take out the mat, the frames are often rust resistant and therefore can withstand the elements.
Make sure that you carefully remove the mat every fall and put in a safe place away from any sharp objects that could cause unintended perforation and damage to it. You can also remove the springs and store them in a plastic container. Just remember to oil them well when you bring them out in the summer.
You can also choose to use a trampoline cover. This will protect the padding and mat when it snows and from falling wet leaves which can incredibly weaken the mat. Although the cover might cost a little extra, it is a worthwhile investment considering how much more you would have to spend to replace both the padding and mat.
Clean Your Equipment
Of course, there is the regular cleaning of the mat. Make sure that no water, wet leaves or snow remains stagnant on the mat. A simple sweep every now and again will ensure that the mat does not get damaged. Stagnant wetness tends to weaken the mat so much so that anyone who uses it may fall right through.
Make sure that you safely keep the warranty, just in case there are any repairs of replacement needed within the stipulated period. Caring for it can be a fun family affair that is both simple and routine to do, just as caring for your outdoor space. You can involve the children in sweeping off any debris from the mat and making sure that the simple rules of usage are followed to ensure that your equipment lasts a little longer.
A trampoline in the yard not only provides the kids with hours of fun, the playtime is also good for them. It’s an increasingly popular way to get a workout, and a perfect excuse for mom and dad to get in on the action, too – just half an hour of bouncing can burn more than 150 calories. And it’s a low-impact exercise, making it an ideal option for just about anyone.
Not all models are created equally, however. The key is to find a high-quality unit that’s as safe and durable as it is fun. Here, you’ll find the top 8 models that are tried and true – they’ve been tested by our customers and have earned the highest ratings.
Each of the top choices has been well designed and built to last. They’re not like the cheap models you can find in some stores. Poorly built and unsafe examples that start falling apart after just a few uses aren’t worth your time or money. Cheap turns out not to be when it costs you more in the long run. Your best value comes through investing in quality trampolines built with years of safe usage in mind.