- 1 When needs that type of Compound Bow?
- 2 Best Compound Bow Reviews:
- 3 Advantage/Disadvantage of this type of Compound Bow:
- 4 Best Compound Bow Reviews – Ultimate Buying Guide 2019
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 In Conclusion To Buying The Best Compound Bow:
If you are an archery lover and seeking the best compound bow for yourself or for your kids, then you are at the right place. Here you will get the best compound bow reviews on top 5 best compound bows and will also be able to choose the most appropriate one that will ensure both the comfort and confidence. These compound bows are also suitable for people of different ages starting from 8 years to grown-ups.
A compound bow comes with different looks and distinct features from the traditional bow. You can easily recognize the compound bow by noticing its multiple strings, pulleys system, top limb, bottom limb and so on. The specialty of the compound bow is that its pulley or levering system at the end of the compound gives it a distinctive “let-off” capability.This type of bow is mainly familiar for the use in 3D archery, field archery and also for bow hunting.
When needs that type of Compound Bow?
From the beginners of the archery sport to experienced hunter, all of them need compound bow set. There are different kinds of archery set for the people of different ages, sizes and experience.
These products come with the exclusive and flexible features, so it can be easily handled by the 5 years old children. Both boys and girls can enjoy it in the left handed or right handed style. Compound bow set is not only come for the beginner shooters but also it comes with powerful features for using in the hunting.
Best Compound Bow Comparison Table:
|Model Name||Speed||Draw Weight||Draw length||Ratings||Price|
|Barnett Outdoors Lil Banshee Jr.||N/A||18 lbs||18" to 22"||4.5|
|Crosman Archery Sentinel||N/A||17 to 21 lbs||17" to 26"||4.0|
|SAS Siege 55 lbs 29″||206 FPS||40-55 lbs.||29"||4.4|
|SAS Rage 70 Lbs 30”||270 FPS||55 - 70 lbs.||25" to 31"||4.2|
|Barnett Lil' Sioux||N/A||25 Pound||12" to 22"||4.3|
Best Compound Bow Reviews:
#1 Barnett Outdoors Lil Banshee Jr. Compound Youth Archery Set
Barnett Outdoors Lil Banshee Jr. Compound Youth Archery Set.....
- The exclusive design of this bow set provides an ambidextrous reinforced soft touch handle for nonslip use that ensures the required comfort to your little child.
- This compound bow offers an 18-pound draw weight and 18-to-22-inch draw length to give ease at shooting.2 arrows, finger rollers and pin adjustable sight are included in the set.
- The packaging supplied in it can be used as a carrying case.
The Lil Banshee Jr. Compound Bow set is the right choice for your young boy and girl who are enthusiastic to archery. This product is from the renowned archery company Barnett. This company introduces this ideal and affordable compound bow set targeting the young boys and girls who are keen on this exciting sport. The eye-catching color and the soft touch grips of the compound bow set make it appropriate for your little bow shooters with an age of 8 years and above.
The LilBanshee Jr. Compound Bow set is much easier for your children to draw. Searching on the internet you can know more about the customers’ experiences. In Amazon 754 customers wrote reviews on this product. Its rating is 4.5 out of 5. Most of the customers found it just right for the beginners in that early age. They experienced it as a great product providing a lot of fun to their kids.
- The bow is very durable and even when dropped on the floor the bow stays unscratched and intact.
- The arrows stay in very good shape, and hit the target accurately and properly with out going off direction.
- The Set Includes A Multi-Color Target, 2 Target Arrows, Finger Tab, Arm Guard, and An Adjustable Sight. A great value for the price.
- This bow also has great range, shooting approx 100-150 feet.
- The arrows for the bow aren’t the best, mainly because the guide for the bow rips easily.
- The tip of the arrow dulls and chips after some shots, but most of the time stays in a good shape.
- The bow requires you to put lots of strength into it in order for you to pull the string back fully.
- The arrow tips are pointy, so when shooting at a target, they have enough power to rip through.
#2 Crosman Archery Sentinel Youth Recurve Bow
Crosman Archery Sentinel Youth Recurve Bow, Right Hand.....
- Its exclusive heavy duty all-weather strings, cables and cable guard in the composite cam system presents you a superior shooting performance.
- The 33″ axle and 17-21 lb. Draw weight are ideal for the starting compound bow shooter. In addition, the 1 lb. 12 oz. mass weight is very handy for your balance and feel.
- Since it offers the 26” max draw, so this bow ensures a couple of years of shooting with the same bow set.
- The exceptional design of the 8″ brace height provides you the ultimate tolerance during the shot and the 65% let-off cam/wheel design gives outstanding shooting performance.
Crosman Archery Sentinel Youth Recurve Bow arrives with a design that gives you the look and feel of your Dad’s bow. It includes heavyweighted composite limbs and also an integrated composite center shot riser with a large sight window. For this reason it provides a long durability. These exclusive features make this compound bow a very appropriate one for you, being a beginner of an age 12 and above.
Crosman Elkhorn Jr. Compound Bow is recommended for the starting shooters by the archery buffs because it makes shooting easy and simple. By searching on the internet, you can know the experiences of its buyers. In Amazon, you will get 254 customer reviews on Crosman Elkhorn Jr. Compound Bow. It has a rating of 4.3 out of 5. Most of the customers described it as a very nice starter bow. They expressed their satisfaction saying that their boys and girls could shoot up a storm with it from the minute it arrived.
- Good protection tools.
- Very practical quiver.
- Sight works very well.
- Instruction’s are very vague and are not very helpful; the pictures on Amazon helped much more.
- Does not come with a tool to put the accessories on.
- Arrows really do not fly well; a stick wouldn’t be much worse.
#3 SAS Siege 55 lbs 29″ Compound Bow SetS
Siege SAS 55 lb 29'' Compound Bow w/ 5-Spot Paper Target.....
- Its exclusive 41.5″ axle to axle, 29″ draw length, 206 FPSfeature gives you more comfort in shooting than ever before.
- The compressed ABS limb of this bow adjusts the balance, weight and strength and contributes to a more durable life.The strong piece layered limb is also used in it and both are accommodated in a way thatenhancesmore accuracy.
- The compound bow gives a curb appeal by a riser.
AS Siege 55 lbs 29″ Compound Bow Set is for the people who love shooting. Even it is a perfect choice for those who want to develop their talent in archery. SAS Siege compound bow ensures you with its durability, enhanced accuracy, waffle look and outstanding arrow speed of 206 feet per second. These exclusive features make this bow exceptional from the typical ones.
SAS Siege 55 lbs 29” Compound Bow Set makes your shooting experience easier and full of fun.Before you go to buy this, you can search about it on the internet and Amazon’s customer reviews can help you a lot. 173 reviews are there on this product. Now, 4.3 out of 5 is its rating and 61% of the customers rated it with 5 stars. They find it as an excellent bow at this price. Most of them express their happy experience of effortless and successful shooting with SAS Siege Compound Bow.
- Capable of precise shots.
- Good weigh range for young adults and adults.
- Easily upgradeable with mounting locations for stabilizer, sight, and arrow rest.
- 29″ draw fits many.
- Set up requires a little research and is not covered in the instructions.
- The 40-55 lb draw weight will be too high for most women and preadolescent boys/girls.
- Setup requires time and research, or help from an expert.
#4 SAS Rage 70 Lbs 30” Compound Bow
Southland Archery Supply SAS Rage 70 Lbs 30'' Compound Bow
- This bow has a 35″ axle to axle, 30″ draw length, 270 FPS that gives you more comfort in shooting.
- The riser of the bow comes with several cutouts that give the compound bow a vacillate look.
- SAS Rage bow is suitable for hunting because its draw weight is only 55- 70 pounds. After loosening the bolt, the draw weight will diminish about 5 pounds. If you make the bolt tight, then the draw weight will increase about 5 pounds.
- As SAS rage compound bows set up system is very easy, so you can easily set it up.
- This compound bow comes with excellent autumn camouflage color.
SAS Rage 70 Lbs 30” Compound Bowis a well-designed bow because it comes with a machined aluminum riser, eccentric cams and a parallel limb design. You can flourish your archery talent with this compound bow easily.
For getting the right bow for practicing archery, you can go through the best compound bow reviews. But if you want to take quick and right decision for buying a bow, then you can browse on Amazon.com. Here you will get the voice of real customer who has bought and used this bow. The average rating of this bow on Amazon is 4.3 stars out of 5. 83% customer rated this bow above 4 stars. They describe it as a great bow at a reasonable price.Only 10% people have rated this product below 3 stars.
- Bow has a good sturdy feel.
- A lot of awesome accessories are included.
- Not difficult to install the majority of the accessories onto the bow.
- Affordably priced.
- No string release included.
- No list of instructions included for installing accessories.
- Accessories could have come installed/mounted.
#5 Barnett Lil’ Sioux Archery Set Yellow 1071
Barnett Lil' Sioux Archery Set Yellow 1071.....
- The frame itself is extremely light and has an exceptionally comfortable grip and an ambidextrous handle for superb handling.
- It includes a couple of target arrows, finger rollers and an pin adjustable sight.
- It has comparatively an excellent draw weight of 25 lb for throwing arrows fast and far.
- The bow has a draw length of 24 – 26″ to make it well suited for teenagers as old as fourteen years old.
After the primary tests to figure, you will find out an appropriate draw length with all the required safety precautions in Barnett Outdoors Team Realtree Banshee Quad Junior Compound Bow Archery Set. Your child will quickly improve relatively good archery skills. The Realtree Banshee is the right intermediate compound bow for the children aged 11 years and above. This bow set is an introducing archery set for kids, Youth and Junior.
- Perfect size for children.
- The arrows are sharp enough to pierce his target.
- The bow seems sturdy and well designed.
- feathers on the arrows don’t hold up well.
Advantage/Disadvantage of this type of Compound Bow:
The best compound bow reviews always describe the advantage and disadvantages of the compound bows.
A compound bow is usually produced with a 99% let-off which makes the archer to-
- Draw the bow as far back as possible, as an archery concept goes- The better the let-off, the easier it is for an archer.
- To aim properly at the target.
- The stabilizers and dampers used in the compound bows are developed very well. They make easier the hunting for the archer by-
- Holding the bow steady and reducing its movement at the time realizing the arrows when it is full draw stabilizer and dampers.
- Absorbing much of the recoil shock.
- Has the ability to hold up to its elements.
- It can endure any changes in temperature and humidity.
- Compound bow also contains rubber blocks that provide a wall for the shooter to draw up against. The rubber blocks can be adapted to suit the archer’s most operational draw length.
- The archer can place a consistent force on the arrow, even exactly the same for every shot. This is very important to increase accuracy.
- The cams in the compound bow are designed in such a way that the speed of the arrow can also be controlled.
- In any tournament, archers are officially allowed to use a target scope with a compound bow. The target scope magnifies the target and helps to obtain a more accurate shot.
- A compound bow requires an additional maintenance since there is a large number of moving parts.
- To replace the string or make adjustments to let-off or draw length, often it requires a trip to archery pro-shop.
Best Compound Bow Reviews – Ultimate Buying Guide 2019
There are different kinds of compound bows exist in the market. It may vary according to the sizes, shapes, colors, styles and level of sophistication. So before buying a compound bow you need to be sure that actually which one is most suitable for you. Here are some important points that you should consider at the time of buying a compound bow.
#1 Price range
At the time of buying, at first you need to consider the price range of the compound bows. You can find a compound bow that price can be vary from $50 to $1500. But at the entry to mid-level, you can buy the compound bow with the price range of $350 – $550.
After choosing the right fitted compound according to your length and strength you need to ensure that how much power it can transfer to the arrow. At the time of drawing the bow, limbs store the energy and the string transfers the energy from the limbs to arrow. As the energy amount is higher, it will be helpful for you to pierce the target.
Cams are an important feature of the compound bow. So before buying you have to take your look on the all kind’s cams. There are 3 kinds of cams are available.
- #3.1 SOFT CAMS: This kind of cam ensures booth smoothness and softness when the archer pulls backthe bowstring. So the archer needs less effort.
- #3.2 AGGRESSIVE CAMS: Aggressive cams give the hunter more power. This cams are mainly used for the hunting purpose since this time needs extra power and speed to hunt the target.
- #3.3 SINGLE CAMS: ingle cam consists only one cam but ensures more advantages than double cams. It needs less maintenance effort and no synchronization is required like as double cams.
This is a noticeable feature for buying the right compound bow. Because if in your bow, silence feature is absent then your arrows don’t fly so fast. This feature is essential for hunting with a minimum effort.
Before buying, you should focus on choosing the actual limbs of the compound bow. There are two types of limbs- standard limbs and split limbs.Standard limbs are much more rigid than the split limbs. Split limbs are not only lighter than the standard limbs but also show low recoil after the firing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which compound bow is perfect for hunting?
The compound bow having the draw weight of at least 45 lbs is perfect for hunting.
2. What type of riser is best?
For best riser you need to choose the wood that color, strength, beauty of grain, and ability to take a good finish. But never choose soft woods because it can’t tolerate the stress of hunting moment. Also use less oily natured wood unless good finishing is not possible
3. Compound bow having a heavy Draw Weight can arise any problem?
To make the archery fun, you should choose a bow draw weight that is comfortable and less than your capability of pulling. Most of the cases the new archers lose their interest in sporting with a bow and become discouraged when they found that the bow is too heavy for them.
4. How do I get rid of hand shock?
When the recurve, the longbow and take-down recurve limb is lighter and shorter with a weighty riser then the shock of the lighter limb can be absorbed by the riser.But, in a longbow, to ignore or lessen the hand shock you can shorten the bowor can use a weighty riser.
Basic Guidelines Of Using Compound Bow
It is very important for you to know the basic guidelines of the compound bow:
- You should always use the arrows which meet the required weight marked on the specification label on the lower limb of the bow. Otherwise, it may be the cause of your personal injury and damage to the bow.
- The strings and cables in your bow must be replaced periodically. You are recommended to replace the string and cable every 5,000 shots or 12 months.
- You should store your bow in a cool dry place. High temperature can be a cause of serious damage to your bow.
- You are never suggested to dry-fire your bow. Dry-fire is drawing and releasing the bowstring without an arrow in it. Dry-firing will cause serious injury and damage both for the archer and for the bow.
- You should never modify any parts of the bow or any of its components by drilling extra holes or removing any material from it. This voids the warranty and is likely to present safety problems.
- Check your arrows whether they are straight and insure it. Also be sure of each nock that it is in a good condition.
In Conclusion To Buying The Best Compound Bow:
To take it as a part of entertainment for you or your family and friends, you need to look for a compound bow. But which one is suitable for you or for your little one? If you want to find the Best Beginner Compound Bow then having a look on this best compound bow reviews will help you.There are also a variety of bow in the market, so it is often difficult to make the right choice.
At the same time it is also not very easy to find the most appropriate one which is needed for you or your kids, or even for your friends. So, you mayrely on this best compound bow review for purchasing the bow suitable for you or your kids.